Monday, May 12, 2014

Will Brooke responded

[Will Brooke responded to the email set forth in Seeking publication of op/ed piece outside of 6th district. Below is his response, and a reply I made to Will's response.]


From: Will Brooke <will@votewillforcongress.com>
Date: Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: Seeking publication of op/ed piece outside of 6th district
To: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>

Rob:
First, I was glad to have the opportunity to meet Fiona on Saturday. 
Rob, I listen very carefully to what you say on the campaign trail, and read your e-mails. I am not ignoring you, but make a point of speaking to you when we are at events, and pay attention to what you say. And, I am indeed responding to you - I do so every time that I make comments at the campaign events. 
So, I do think it would be inaccurate to say that I am ignoring you, or refusing to listen or reply to your positions.
Best wishes,
Will


From: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Seeking publication of op/ed piece outside of 6th district
To: Will Brooke <will@votewillforcongress.com>

OK Will. Thank you very much for replying.
If you don't mind, I will post your email and this email, containing the following brief reaction on my part.
Different candidates can have different ideas about what discussion and debate are deserving of sharpening and clarifying, which ideas may reflect differing respective views and considerations relative to the election campaign going on. 
I think the discussion and debate that is of concern to me here could be immensely sharpened and clarified, but I accept your prerogative as a candidate not to engage in any further sharpening or clarifying of the discussion and debate in question such as I am seeking.
If you object to my posting your email and this email response, please let me know, and I am sure we can figure out a way to find something mutually acceptable.
Respectfully,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment