Saturday, June 14, 2014

Your Manifesto action kit

For those who are moved to action by Manifesto for AL 6th Congressional district voters, here is a Manifesto action kit.

I. This is up to you

For reasons indicated in my  entry "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore", during my campaign in the 6th Congressional district from February to June, I was entirely alone, and I was ignored for those four months because I was alone. I (this) will continue to be ignored unless others express themselves in various ways. Active Republicans and active Democrats are going to be slow to do that. A way must be found to get more "independent" thinking people to go first in expressing themselves. Then others may follow suit. It is entirely in your hands and what you do.



II. The case I have been trying to make, which has been ignored

If you are going to take action, you should want to know what you are taking action about. 

In briefest form, my case is that Congress and government have failed the American people because of the influence of money in politics.  A lot of this campaign website attempts to lay that case out. I think, however, rather than trying to sift through this campaign website, you should watch this 18 minute video of Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Lessig and/or read his short book Lesterland: The Corruption of Congress And How To End It.


III. Back up for Manifesto assertions

If you are going to take action based on the assertions made in the Manifesto, here is some back up for you.




IV. Things you can do

I repeat. I was by myself for four months and I was ignored for four months. If I continue on about this by myself, I (this) will continue to be ignored.

Only if you express yourself is there a chance that this will not continue to be ignored, and the more of you who express yourselves, the better the chance of that.

Here are things you can do to express yourself:

1. Email Paul DeMarco at campaign@pauldemarco.org and Gary Palmer at jon@palmerforalabama.com, and say something like: 
I am a voter in the 6th Congressional district. My attention has been called to this Manifesto for AL 6th Congressional district voters. I would be interested in hearing your response to that Manifesto.  Thank you. Sincerely

2. Send tweets to  and to with a tweet message something like:

#al06 Cong'l district-- Would you please comment on the Manifesto for AL 6th Cong'l district voters, which is at this link: http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2014/06/manifesto-for-al-6th-congressional.html

3. Email your friends and others saying something like:
I think you should take a look at this Manifesto for AL 6th Congressional district voters

4. Tweet your friends and others saying something like:
#al06 Cong'l district-- I think you should take a look at the Manifesto for AL 6th Cong'l district voters, which is at this link: http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2014/06/manifesto-for-al-6th-congressional.html

No comments:

Post a Comment