Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Emails I sent to Republicans and Democrats around the State

Yesterday, I sent emails to Democratic party chairs in Alabama and to officers and others in Republican party organizations around the State. The emails called attention to the letter I had written to Alabama 7th Congressional District Representative Terry A. Swell.


This is what I sent to the Democratic party chairs in Alabama:

From: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Subject: To AL Democratic chairs: re letter to Rep. Terri A. Sewell
To: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>

I emailed you on March 25th, with a subject line referring to "broken Federal Government and AL HJR49."

My campaign in the Republican primary in the Alabama 6th Congressional district is coming to a close. 

I do not know whether tomorrow's election results will show any voter concern in the 6th district about my campaign charges that there is something fundamentally wrong with Congress and the same critically needs addressing by the American people and Congress.

I believe my interest in this subject will continue regardless of tomorrow's election outcome.

In that vein, I wish to share with you this letter I have written to Rep. Terri A. Sewell.

I hope Rep. Sewell will contribute to the cause of "fixing Congress" and "changing the way Washington works."

Thank you for your attention to this letter.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck
Candidate, Alabama 6th Congressional district



This is what I sent to  officers and others in Republican party organizations around the State:

From: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Subject: To Alabama Republicans: re letter to Rep. Terri A. Sewell
To: Rob Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>

I emailed you on March 26th, with a subject line referring to "broken Federal Government and AL HJR49."

My campaign in the Republican primary in the Alabama 6th Congressional district is coming to a close. 

In my four months of campaigning, I encountered no interest in my charges that there is something fundamentally wrong with Congress and the same critically needs addressing by the American people and Congress.

I do not know whether tomorrow's election results will or will not bear out that there is no voter concern about this subject in the 6th district.

I believe my interest in the subject will continue regardless of tomorrow's election outcome.

From the outset, I have spoken that I think average Republicans, average Democrats, and average independents should share the concern I have

With a view to pursuing that, I wish to share with you this letter I have written to Rep. Terri A. Sewell.

I hope Rep. Sewell will contribute to the cause of "fixing Congress" and "changing the way Washington works." 

This has to be bipartisan, and I regret that none of the other Republican candidates in the 6th Congressional district showed any serious interest in what is needed, if that cause is to be advanced. Maybe the winner will surprise me about this, but realistically it is very hard to see that happening.

I will say that my four months of campaigning has been an exhilarating experience, and I am very grateful for having the opportunity to do it. 

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck
Candidate, Alabama 6th Congressional district

1 comment: