Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 31st 6th Cong'l debate on Channel 13

Monday, March 31, at 6 pm, there will be a debate of the Alabama 6th Congressional district candidates at the Samford University Wright Center.  The debate will be broadcast live on Channel 13.

There are seven candidates.  Each of the candidates will be allowed a one minute opening statement and a one minute closing statement.  In between the opening and closing statements, there will be rounds of questioning  by a panel from the media. Panelists will have 15 seconds in which to pose a question.  Each of the candidates will be called on and will have 30 seconds to answer the question. In addition, direct rebuttals will be allowed at the discretion of the Moderator.

The Moderator will be Mike Royer.  The panelists will be Leland Whaley-WYDE FM, Barnett Wright-Birmingham News, and Linda White-WVTM TV.

Understanding my candidacy

If you wish to take some time in advance to understand my candidacy, I suggest you take a look at the following blog entries..

Open Letter to the Alabama Legislative Delegation in Washington,
Senator Shelby's response to open letter,
Eagle Forum video,
My American Lawmaker's Creed,
Second open letter to the Alabama delegation in Washington,
Contacting AL Democratic party chairs, and
Alabama Republicans and independents.


What I am going to say in my one minute opening statement

Do you the voters think that the political class in Washington is doing a number on the American people?

I do.

How big a number are they doing on the American people?

Really big time, I think.

Do you think the political class in Washington works at keeping the electorate divided and Republicans and Democrats angry and riled up against each other?

I do.

Do you think the political class in Washington does that to try to keep themselves entrenched and to increase their power and riches?

I do.

Do you think this has gotten worse over the past twenty years?

I do.

Do you think this has led to the dysfunctinality of Congress and its being unable to do its job properly for the American people?

I do.

How dire is this becoming for the country?

I think very dire.

What do the other candidates think about these questions?

I have been trying to ask them for six weeks, and they have not been answering me.

What do Senators Shelby and Sessions and Representative Bachus think about these questions?

I have been trying to ask them for six weeks as well, and they too have not been answering me.

What do you the voters think you should do about all of this?

I want to spend my time before June 3rd talking with you about it, and see if we can figure out what the country should do about it.



The  rounds of questioning

Go to My 30 second answers.




No comments:

Post a Comment