Friday, May 18, 2012

GOOOH

From: Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Subject: RE: Vote Out Incumbents Democracy
To: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>, markh@goooh.com
Cc: drremer <drremer@gvtc.com>

We’ll be discussing after the FL and NY Primaries.

From: Robert Shattuck [mailto:rdshattuck@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:27 AM
To: Tim Cox; markh@goooh.com
Cc: drremer
Subject: Vote Out Incumbents Democracy

Dear Tim and Mark,
I invite you to take a look at this recent comment interchange I had with David R. Remer, the President of Vote Out Incumbents Democracy (VOID).
I would be interested in your reaction to the comment interchange.
I would also like to know where GOOOH stands in revamping its strategy, as has been referred to in previous emails between us.
Thanks.
Rob Shattuck

From: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: Time is running out
To: Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com>
Cc: markh@goooh.com

Thank you, Tim. Mark called me and we talked for fifteen minutes or so.

I think probably tens of millions of American voters think (or could be persuaded to think) our political system and Congress have failed the American people.

I put the bottom line question to Mark as, "Is GOOOH willing to join its voice with the voices of other organizations and persons who believe that the number one issue for the entire country is the foregoing failure of the political system and Congress, and who adamantly want to get accusatory of Congress about this, demand that Congress acknowledge that there has been failure on its part, and demand that Congress initiate a national (and Congressional) debate (before November) about the failure, and make a proposal to the American people (before November) about what should be done about the failure, and let American voters react to the proposal in their voting in November in their Congressional districts?"

I hope GOOOH decides it would like to join its voice with the voices of others. Please let me know if that is the case.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck


On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com> wrote:

I agree that the broken campaign finance system is a major problem, but I don’t consider it the root cause of the problem, which I am convinced is career politicians. You are proposing we “force” congress to fix a problem they have created via referendum, but many states don’t even allow referendums.

Maybe GOOOH isn’t the solution I had hoped it would be, we don’t yet have traction after five years, but I’m not ready to put all my efforts behind what I think you are proposing.

I’m listening, but concerned that maybe neither of us have found the right solution.


From: Robert Shattuck [mailto:rdshattuck@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:32 AM
To: Tim Cox
Cc: markh@goooh.com
Subject: Re: Time is running out

Thank you, Tim. Please take one minute to read Voters' victory in 2012, and you should be able to discern quickly the suggestions I have and decide whether it is worth taking any time to discuss anything with me from GOOOH's perspective.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck


From: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Subject: Re: Time is running out
To: Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com>
Cc: markh@goooh.com

Thank you for replying, Tim.

I have tried to look at the Texas primary election results, but have not been able to tell how the GOOOH candidates fared.

I think the links I have provided to you indicate suggestions I would have relative to a revamping you might do of GOOOH's strategy to try to raise GOOOH's profile and to advance GOOOH's cause both in 2012 and looking forward to 2014. I would be very pleased to engage with GOOOH on these suggestions if GOOOH desires.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck


On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com> wrote:

I’m not sure why Mark hasn’t responded, but I suspect he’s busy with today’s election.

We’re glad to see others fighting the battle. I hope you will engage with us as we try to revamp our strategy and move forward towards 2014. But, today, we are focused on our candidates in TX.

From: Robert Shattuck [mailto:rdshattuck@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:05 AM
To: Tim Cox
Cc: markh@goooh.com; Eddie Traylor
Subject: Time is running out

Dear Tim,

I read your May 15th email and also noted GOOOH's Congressional challengers initiative to try to get all Congressional challengers to work together rather than alone.

I think GOOOH should be for every ordinary voter (per its Mission Statement: "If you are tired of career politicians, GOOOH is for you. If you believe money has corrupted Washington, GOOOH is for you. If you believe politicians have too much power, GOOOH is for you. If you are weary of the death grip the two parties have on our government, and are ready to return control of our government to the people, then GOOOH is for you.").

I have not heard back from Mark in response to my May 18th email that I copied you on.

If you haven't already done so, I hope you will read this entry in my blog and give me your thoughts.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck

From: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Subject: Fwd: GOOOH candidates and First Amendment movement
To: markh@goooh.com
Cc: Eddie Traylor <etraylor2012@gmail.com>, Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com>


Dear Mark,


I am following up on the below email correspondence we had in April.

I am endeavoring to solicit that members and supporters of like minded organizations, such as GOOOH, the Reform Party, and Move To Amend, together with independents, disaffected Democrats and Republicans, and candidates who are challenging incumbents, to endeavor to speak and act in a unified way in 2012, with the goal of  forcing Congress, before November, to conduct a national debate about whether there is a broken and corrupt campaign finance system that is badly in need of fixing and forcing Congress to make a proposal to the American people about what should be done to make the system better, which proposal would be the subject of a national referendum in the November elections.

Please read more about this in my blog Amend By November.  If you think there is a way to work this into GOOOH's 2012 agenda, I would very much like us to have the telephone conversation you suggested.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck 



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: GOOOH candidates and First Amendment movement
To: markh@goooh.com
Cc: Eddie Traylor <etraylor2012@gmail.com>, Tim Cox <tc@goooh.com>


Good morning, Mark.

My telephone number is (205) 967-5586 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            (205) 967-5586      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.  I am retired and am in the house a lot of the time.  I should be home all day today except for about an hour at about 12:30 (central time).  I usually screen my calls by listening to the answering machine, and, if you identify yourself in leaving a message, I will pick up if I hear you.

Rob Shattuck


On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:20 AM, <markh@goooh.com> wrote:


Hi Rob, 

Thank your for your interest in GOOOH.  I would very much like to speak with you regarding your movement.  Please forward a phone number and best time to reach you and perhaps we can work together to achieve a common goal.

Mark Hall
GOOOH National
Director - Leader Development


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Shattuck <rdshattuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Subject: GOOOH candidates and First Amendment movement
To: etraylor2012@gmail.com
Dear Mr. Traylor,

There is a growing national movement that has sprung up because hundreds of thousands of citizens around the country (Democrats, Republicans and independents alike) believe our nation’s campaign finance system is badly broken and corrupted, that it will not be fixed by Congress and the President on their own initiatve, and that only the grassroots pushing up will bring about needed change by demanding a constitutional amendment to the First Amendment.  For more information, see the website tp://movetoamend.org/

I think GOOOH candidates could utilize this issue very effectively..

I tried to get on the ballot as an independent candidate for the United States House of Representative in the Alabama 6th Congressional district but was not successful.  The main issue I pushed was essentially this First Amendment issue, and I am continuing my efforts in support of the First Amendment movement (see my website here). 

I would be interested in learning what GOOOH candidates think about this issue.  Please share your views with me if you would care to.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rob Shattuck

--
Thank you for supporting the Eddie Traylor for Congress! campaign.

IT IS TIME TO GET SERIOUS!
IT'S GOOOH TIME FOLKS!!
Have a great day!

Brad Herritage
Campaign Manager
Eddie Traylor for Congress!
Send all inquiries to etraylor2012@gmail.com or visit:
http://traylor.goooh.com
http://facebook.com/EddieTraylorforCongress
Visit and join www.goooh.com to eliminate career politicians!
Campaign Donations accepted by PayPal at:r
http://traylor.goooh.com  or by check at:
Eddie Traylor for Congress!
6046 FM 2920, Ste. #149
Spring, TX 77379

No comments:

Post a Comment