Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tweets 2/4/20

In the morning Twitter shadow banned me again. Again I was not notified by Twitter of the shadow ban and I don't know what I did wrong that got me shadow banned. I expect the shadow ban to last 24 hours.  Twitter shadow ban follow up

Update 2/6/2020
The shadow ban referenced above was lifted after 24 hours. I resumed my tweeting.
This afternoon Twitter shadow banned me still again.
It is very hard to tell what I am doing in my tweeting that is getting me shadow banned. One possibility I am thinking is that too many of my tweets use links to my own material (i.e., links to my blogs and to prior tweets I have sent). I consider these links to my own material efficient and useful in trying to communicate via tweeting, but maybe Twitter considers it "abusive" when there is "excessive" linking to one's own material.
In my original posting here, I had copied and pasted 2/4/2020 tweets of mine that had been affected by the shadow ban. The formatting of my copy and paste got messed up when I edited this post, and I have deleted the copy and paste in this post.
Also, I made further investigation into the effects of a shadow banning. As best I can tell, those who are my followers can see my tweets on their Twitter feed, and, if I send a follower a tweet, the follower will get a notification. As best I can tell, if there is shadow banning, only I can see my tweets under hashtags I use in my tweets, and not even followers can see my tweets under the hashtags used by my tweets (mainly #alpolitics).

Update 2/19/2020
Twitter shadow banned me again. Again I expect the shadow ban to last 24 hours. The shadow ban seemed to occur immediately upon my sending below tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment