Saturday, February 15, 2020

Campaign status report

Per my blog entry  31 days until March 3rd, I am trying to get on the November ballot as an Independent candidate against Gary Palmer in the Alabama 6th Congressional district. To do this, I need, before March 3rd, 8,434 registered voters in the 6th Congressional district to sign a ballot access petition.

This probably seems impossible.

This will set out where things are currently.

This blog and Trump Censure lay out extensively my political positions (for quick access, see links listed in 31 days until March 3rd).

I have tweeted for years on #alpolitics.

Recently I have been active on Facebook and making comments on the posts of others.

I believe there are tens of thousands of 6th district voters who are angrily against Gary Palmer regarding his positions on Trump, guns, abortion, and the 2017 tax cuts and regarding Palmer's approaches to health care, immigration and climate change. I think these voters would like it if there was a candidate arguing against Palmer.

I have made myself known to groups having special interests, including Alabama Moms Demand Action, Alabama Reproductive Rights Advocates, the Alabama ACLU, local Democratic party organizations, and local Indivisible groups. If these groups would like a candidate to argue against Gary Palmer in ways they favor, it is within the power of these groups to spread information widely to their followers and urge signing of my ballot access petition.

If these groups do not care to make any effort toward the goal of having a candidate to argue against Palmer, then this will fall flat. It's up to them to decide this.

In the meantime, below are three specific things I ask people to do to keep this effort perking along.

1. I need retweets of the below pinned tweet on my Twitter account.

2. I need shares of the below FB post



3. I need tweeters to click on the below "TWEET HERE" link to send a tweet which says
Please tweet #IWantDebateInAL06.
https://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2020/02/32-days-until-march-3rd.html
Tweet here

No comments:

Post a Comment