Friday, October 5, 2018

Twitter shadow ban follow up

[Update 5/4/19  This week it was reported Facebook banned a number of far-right commentators, including Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos, as well as Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, for violating Facebook's policies on “dangerous individuals and organizations.” Yesterday, Trump tweeted about Conservative thinkers like James Woods being banned from Twitter, Paul Watson being banned from Facebook, and Diamond and Silk being treated horribly by Facebook.
Twitter shadow banned me for about a day earlier this week, and Twitter shadow banned me for about two days a couple of weeks ago.
As with earlier shadow banning I have experienced from Twitter, Twitter did not notify me these two recent times that I had been shadow banned. Also, I have been unable to find out from Twitter exactly what I did wrong in my tweeting that got me shadow banned.]


Twitter shadow banned me last night. For more information, see Shadow banned by Twitter.

This is impairing  my efforts to quell the Kavnaugh furies. See Proposed letter for Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh to sign.

I am using Facebook to complain to Alabama media about Twitter's shadow ban of me. In particular I am sending private messages to the media on Facebook, saying as follows:
Twitter has shadow banned me and I wish to complain to the media. http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2018/08/shadow-banned-by-twitter.html
Also I am using Facebook to request the Alabama representatives in Congress to investigate shadow banning by Twitter. I am doing this by posting a public comment on their Facebook pages as follow:
Please investigate shadow banning by Twitter. http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2018/08/shadow-banned-by-twitter.html
Further, I used Facebook to post public comments on the Facebook pages of the #aldems Congressional candidates reading as follows:
If you get into office, please investigate shadow banning by Twitter. http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2018/08/shadow-banned-by-twitter.html
After I posted the above public comment on the Facebook pages  of the #aldems Congressional candidates, it appears that those public comments were removed from the Facebook pages, except the public comment remains on the Facebook page of  #al01 candidate Robert Kennedy, Jr. I am following up by sending the below private message on Facebook to those #aldems candidates who have removed my public comment.
It appears that my public comment on your Facebook page about Twitter shadow banning has been removed from your page. I am sending this private message to memorialize the situation. See  http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2018/10/twitter-shadow-ban-follow-up.html. Thank you.
I have attempted to send the above private message on Facebook to the #aldems Congressional candidates who removed my public comment on their Facebook pages. I could not send the private message to any of them and got the below error message.
The content you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
The above message in question that did not go through to #aldems Congressional candidates who had deleted my public comment may have been because the message was too long. I sent a message again consisting of just the link http://al6thcongdist-ihaveuntiljan13.blogspot.com/2018/10/twitter-shadow-ban-follow-up.html, and it went through, except Mallory Hagan had only a "Contact" button and not a "Message" button, so she has not gotten a message on Facebook from me.

Update 10/6/18
An immediate public issue is, assuming Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed today by the United States Senate, exactly what the country is going to do about the damage that the confirmation process has done to the United States Supreme Court. See Living with Supreme Court damage.
Because Twitter's current shadow ban impairs by regular way of communicating via Twitter, I will use Facebook messaging and email to communicate and will indicate here the communicating I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment